i've wanted to write. really, i have. i questioned where to start, wondered what to say.
these past months have been full of struggles. things that i didn't fully know how to deal with. there were times that the path seem really clouded over, i didn't know which way to go. i asked a lot of questions. sometimes wondered why. but the most important one i found was, "what am i supposed to be learning?"
sometimes i'd say, 'okay, i think i'm good. you could just tell me the lesson already.' many nights were filled with tears and frustration. but most often, i was filled with faith. not answers, but that these struggles really are part of the plan. that there is something greater up ahead.
the most important thing that i've learned though, is that my Heavenly Father hears every. single. prayer. i was never left alone, no matter how alone i felt sometimes. He cares about every detail, every little thing that i'm feeling or facing. the times that seemed the hardest were always filled with the most love. and you know what else i've learned, that i am a brave person. that i can do hard things.
so i guess what i'm trying to say is that i still don't have the full path laid out in front of me. i still have my days that are hard. but more than ever i feel content. that this is the plan. i feel happy with where i am because i can see progress, i'm learning to understand. and i am so loved.
First, sorry about the comment overload tonight. Apparently I'm avoiding studying for finals and I figured your blog was a good place to read some spiritual encouragement :)
ReplyDeleteSecond, you are awesome. I don't know what you are dealing with, but I do know some of those feelings. Over the past year and a half, I've had a lot of tearful conversations with my parents and my Heavenly Father about what I'm supposed to be learning from the struggles. I haven't had many answers, but I can reaffirm that Heavenly Father does care about us and He knows us. His mission is to bless us. In hindsight, we will know why we had to go through these things to polish and refine our spirits for the greater good and bad times ahead. D&C 98:1-3, 12 has been my go-to passage since reading it in the Temple in August and every time I read it, it lets me know that things will be okay.
Thank you for posting this and being vulnerable. You are a faith-filled person and I know that your faith will pay off. We need to remember that this life is a season of HOPE, not despair and we need to not take counsel from our fears. Any time we do anything, anything at all for the Lord, He recognizes it and He will bless us.
Wow, sorry for the ramble. In short, you are incredible and I'm grateful that you are willing to share your testimony and what you've learned through your struggles. You will be in my prayers tonight and for the next little while :)